HTCW: A Fresh View on Waste Processing
Adapted for new purpose, HTCW patent gasification technology is a consequent development of the state-of-the-art metallurgical technologies from the foundry and steel industry, in existence for 200 years. The fully operational R&D plant in Arnstadt in Germany was tested under continuous operation in compliance with strict EC guidelines and 17. BImSchV (German Federal Emission Protection Decree).
In A Class Of Its Own Among Competitors
- HTCW unique control gasification process transforms all types of bulk
waste into clean energy and inert re-usable products
- Superior net energy efficiency and consistent clean syn-gas production,
assuring long-term energy price stability and equipment durability
- With a single technology, HTCW can process all waste types of high & low
CV's (Calorific Value) simultaneously, needing no pre-sorting or shredding
- HTCW unique waste mixing system enables constant control of profit targets
- Resilience against competitive pressures — unlike most technologies, no
restrictions or dependency on only a narrow range of waste or conditions
- Almost complete mass reduction — 1-3% non-toxic dust of original volume remains.
Significant disposal costs reduction and obvious solution to environmental issues
- Scalable from small single to multi-location sites and large industrial size plants.
Easily integrated into existing infrastructures
Feed Materials (waste)
Municipal and industrial wastes such as lacquers, paints, hazardous waste, waste from paper industry, used tyres, rubber, scrap metal, compound materials, asbestos, clinical waste, oil sludge, electronic scrap etc. These can be mixed to achieve performance targets. With its ultra high temperature control flexibility, HTCW is capable of processing highly toxic substances to safe and complete destruction.
HTCW Gasification Instead Of Incineration
Gasification is the process of turning a substance into gas. It is not incineration. Due to a controlled and limited oxygen supply into the HTCW process, combustion of the feed material is prevented. HTCW enables a new approach to waste processing. There is no formation of typical combustion by-products like ash or smoke. With temperatures between 1500 - 2500°C, pollutants in the waste material such as dioxins, furans and Chromium Carbonyl (Cr 6) are completely cracked into harmless or re-usable compounds.
Value Products (Output)
- High fuel quality synthesis gas for electricity, heat, methanol or diesel production or direct supply to an external user
- Heat for district heating, production of steam for industrial processes (e.g. paper mills) or in water desalination plants
- A non-leaching multi-use hardened mineral melting for further processing for the construction industry, containing minimal heavy metal oxide
- A cast-able iron alloyed with heavy metals usable as ingots/pig iron for steel foundries
Markets for HTCW Gasification Plants
- Private recycling-companies
- Local communities
- Processing industries
- Waste recovery and disposal companies